Tuesday, January 29, 2013

You never know what will quack you up!!!

Ok most people that know me , know I love birds , I think I said this in a previous Bird Related Blog.

 So I must tell you that I get extremely happy when I get the opportunity to meet a new kind....and this weekend was one just  such occasion   when in a pond near the Hatteras Light House , I spied for my first time these amazingly gorgeous ducks called Ring neck ducks...with their striking black, gray and white markings and their diving capabilities make them a "hoot" ? to watch.   Now I must tell you it was freezing cold ....but I stood and watched and took pictures as long as I could stand it and feel I was blessed with a couple good shots....not as cool as beavers skating on ice as my friend Ann Cameron Siegal ...but next time...So below are some pictures of "THE DUCKS".

Locals call these Bluebills.


















No comments:

Post a Comment